This one day online workshop is for developers who would like to learn more about working with WordPress.
It will give you the grounding to work on WordPress websites for digital agencies and businesses on either an in-house or freelance basis, broadening your coding skills base. Some form of previous experience with PHP is required.
The workshop will start with an introduction to WordPress; what is it, how is it used, and what you need to know as a developer.
We will also cover:
- How to install WordPress for local development
- How to deploy to production environments
- Tour of the WordPress admin area plus what you need to manage a WordPress site
- Commonly used WordPress plugins
- How to assess plugin quality
- How to install third party WordPress themes,
- How to customise third party themes
- How to create your own custom themes
The workshop will be delivered by Academy trainer Ashley Coles, who has years of experience working with WordPress for digital agencies including Nudge Digital, ecopow, and Boson Web.
This one day online workshop will be run on the following dates:
- Saturday 1 August 2020
- Thursday 6 August 2020
Cost: £250 +VAT per person
Discounts are available for Mayden Academy alumni.